HISTORY OF CARPENTERS GROUP OF COMPANIES
The history and origins of Carpenters Fiji Limited dates back to as early as 1914. The Carpenters Group of Companies have established itself as the largest private sector enterprise in Fiji. It engages in a multitudinous area of commercial activity involving most sectors of the economy trading under the following names:
- Morris Hedstrom
- Maxval-u Supermarkets
- MH Homemaker
- Cellar Masters
- Carpenters Hardware
- One Stop Trading
- Carpenters Shipping
- Carpenters Finance
- Carpenters Properties
The Carpenters Group provides job opportunity to over 6000 employees in the South Pacific region. The name “Carpenters” itself has evolved over the years into the status of a household name in Fiji Island signifying strength, stability and dependability.
The Carpenters group is strongly represented in the South Pacific region having extensive commercial interest in Fiji, Papua New Guinea. The parent MBf Group of Companies is a dynamic fast expanding conglomerate based in Malaysia. Through its numerous subsidiary, associate and affiliate companies, it has diverse commercial interest in Malaysia, Thailand, Tonga, China, Singapore, Philippines, Australia and the United States of America.
- To instil confidence in our Customers and Principals that their association with an experienced and reliable business partner
provides real competitive business advantage.
- To provide professional and quality business services to customers at competitive prices.
- To recognize the importance of profit and growth to maximize the
return on investment for shareholders.
- To be a role model in our industry as specialist facilitator committed to making reliable, efficient and customer convenient arrangements
for the movement of cargo worldwide.
- To follow a dynamic corporate policy of being aware and reacting to changes in the environment and to profitably exploit opportunities that may arise in chosen areas of business enterprise.
- To encourage and foster an innovative spirit with the aim of continuously seeking improvements to the quality and the range of services offered by us to our Customers and Principals.
Carpenters Shipping Is In The Business Of Moving Cargo Worldwide Providing Professional Services
In The Following Areas Of Activities:
- Airfreight Forwarding
- Customs Clearance
- Shipping Agency
- Transportation and
- Waste Disposal Service
This Service Is Provided by Motivated, Disciplined and Qualified People at a Competitive Price to the Satisfaction of Customers, with a view to continually improving this service.
CARPENTERS SHIPPING OVERVIEW
Since commencement of operations over hundred years ago, Carpenters Shipping today occupies the enviable position of being the leading Shipping and Total Logistic Provider in Fiji.
It is indeed no secret that much of our success is owed to our dedicated team of professionals committed to providing the best of service the industry has to offer, Carpenters Shipping is proud of its achievements to be the only Shipping company in Fiji to be ISO 9001:2008 Certified as we continually endeavour to improve our operations to maintain an efficient and quality conscious service to the customer.
We offer the following well-diversified range of services to ensure our clients are able to have the “Carpenters Advantage”.