A “whistleblower” discloses information he or she reasonably believes evidences:
- Breach of legal or regulatory requirements
- Malpractice, corruption, impropriety or fraud relating to internal controls, accounting and financial matters
- Poor management of funds and wastage in using resources on goods or services in excess of actual needs.
- Non-compliance with Group’s policies and procedures and/or code
- Disclosure of corporate information without proper authorization
- Abuse of position
- Involvement in conflict of interest
- Endangerment of the health and safety of an individual
- Deliberate concealment of the above or other act of wrong doings
Only genuine concerns should be reported. The report should be made in good faith with reasonable belief that the information and any allegation in it are substantially true, and the report is not made for personal gain. Malicious and false allegations will be viewed seriously and treated as gross misconduct and if proven may lead to dismissal if the Reporting Individual is an employee of the Group.
To make a disclosure contact:
Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited
t/a Carpenters Shipping
The identity of the whistleblower will be kept confidential. Consent of whistleblower will be sought should there be a need to disclose identity for investigation purposes.